Collaboration among "Competitors"

Collaboration among "Competitors"

Capital of Craft IPA

One of the main reasons we love the independent craft beer industry is the built-in trust among fellow "competitors". The old saying "a rising tide lifts all boats" rings true in this industry and for many reasons. The independent craft beer segment only accounts for about 10% of total beer sales in the United States. The other 90% is controlled by a few companies who import beer such as Corona, Pacifico, Modelo (Constellation Brands) and other domestic big-beer producers such as Anheuser-Busch & MillerCoors. Many people have many different views on the big beer vs independent craft beer scene but one thing always remains true: San Diego has become the "Capital of Craft" by collaborating with other independent craft brewers around them.